Feeling of "electric shock" in chest
I have been getting the sensation of an electric shock in my chest the last couple of weeks. It is not painful at all, just a very weird sensation. It is in the centre of my chest, between my breasts. It happens at random, resting, exercising, at work, at home, every where, any time. Sometimes it happens a few times in a row or stay away for a few hours. I'm a 36 year old active female with no other significant health problems, non smoker. My dr did an ECG last week which turned out normal, but I did not have the sensation when they did the ECG, so I don't know. One of my grandfathers died of heart failure (mother's side) and my father had a very mild stroke last year, but apart from that, there isn't any other cardio, etc problems in the family
u have to do further testing like stress test echo especially if u have a history of herat  desease
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability you have a bad gastric reflux. It could also be hiatal hernia. Treatment is a combination of drugs to reduce the acid and lifestyle changes. You will need to take a combination of medications (under medical supervision) like a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole, lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning and an antacid gel after meals for complete relief. Possibility of H pylori infection too should be looked into by a carbon urea breath test and a combination antibiotic tried. Many a times a persisting H pylori infection can be the cause behind acidity not responding to treatment.
Life style changes that will help include: Avoid heavy meals and eat frequent small meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Avoid lying down for least 2 hours after food. Maybe these tips will help you.
Vit B 12 deficiency, Vit D deficiency and fibromyalgia are the other possibilities.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.