Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Feeling of something inside nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Feeling of something inside nose

Hello

Lately I have had a feeling inside my nose wall, it is a feeling like something is stuck there, it is a slightly numb feeling as well, I have checked and nothing is there. I think what may have started this feeling is 2 days ago I strained and tensed up my facial muscles really hard and also stopping breathing.

Could this have caused this feeling I'm having?
Could a bone in my nose have slipped out of place due to the stress?
Is it even possible for parts of your face e.g. bones or cartilage to move out of place by straining your face muscles?
Could it be a nerve that had been damaged in my nose?
Have you seen an ENT?
No
When unexplained and new things go wrong, it is very normal for us to have all of these concepts about what has gone wrong.  I'm not a doctor - however - I do think it's safe to say that you haven't dislocated bones or cartilage by straining your face muscles.

It's colder and dryer out - all sorts of funny things can happen inside of our noses, and I doubt you damaged a nerve - however - it's absolutely our nervous system that causes us to experience different "feelings and sensations".

I'd probably call the ENT or your regular doctor (they have scopes and can take a look up your nose) - and while on the phone with them, ask them if you can use a saline spray to wash your nose out.  They may even suggest doing exactly that before you make an appointment - it never hurts to make a telephone call =)

BUT - What I am totally curious is about - why did you stop breathing?