Feels as though something is stuck in throat
I'm a 16 yr old girl & for the past 2 days i feel as though there is something stuck in my throat. I keep swallowing with no luck. It is directly behind my tongue to the left. I stuck my finger behind my tongue and moved slightly to the left and felt a fleshy indent with something hard in it. It doesn't hurt unless i keep playing with it. I'm not sure if it's food or something or maybe it's a swollen.....whatever that part is called. I went to my doc and he said he didn't see anything but I DEFINITELY feel something. Someone please give me some feedback I'm so nervous and it's seriously agitating me. Thank you
I had that same feeling before! At the time I was taking diet tablets and I kept thinking they'd got stuck at the back of my throat when I'd swallowed them, but that wasn't the case. It was some ingredient in them that was causing the closed/blocked feeling. Maybe you're allergic to something you're eating/taking at the moment and that's what's causing your symptoms. Have you started eating any new foods or taking any medications recently?
garggle saulty water for about 10 mintes hun, that should help.
See another doctor,could be tonsil swelling.
Plummer- vinson syndrome. Take iron and you should be fine. consult your doc. ok?
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.