Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Feet Issues. Overweight and Flat footed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Feet Issues. Overweight and Flat footed

I have been having issues with my feet and left scrotum for some time now.
My feet started hurting when I was playing tennis in some less than new New balance 991.  
Those shows had been worn for a while, so I changed them and the pain went away.  Now recently,
the pain has come back.  I have a extremely flat foot and had to buy some new balance sneakers
that are 6x wide.  The pain is still there but the outer side of my big toes don't rub the shoes anymore.
Now at nights, I can't really sleep well because my foot has these pulsation feelings and pin ***** feelings too.
My knees also ache a bit a night too, mostly when I am laying on my back.  It feels as if the blood is flushed
into my foot.  I am overweight but have been losing weight recently.  I have eaten pretty badly in the past and
wonder if these issues could be caused by diabetes.  My girlfriend (who worked for a foot doctor) said she thought
it was more related to my weight and flat feet.  I recently tried to take up jump rope but
my knees ached too much for that.  I have squatted in the past, and this is where I first noticed my knee pain.

What do you guys think could possibly be the issue?
Hi!

Get shoes that are ergonomically supporting the natural curve of your feet. Get insoles that helps you keep the curvature. The bones in the feet might cause the tendons and nerves to bother you. It is our feet that we use to keep us up so they're important. Foot specialists can tell you what sort of exercises you can do with your toes to help you get stress off.

Florena
You've heard the song,"The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone...?" it sounds like this may be what's going on...If the foundation of a house isn't sturdy, the rest of the house will show strain in it's structure...The same with the human body...if you have unsupported arches, your ankle, knees, hips, and low back will try to compensate...As the strain worsens, they will start complaining...and in your low back, nerves will began to get pinched as the disks compress from excess weight hanging off the front of your body...(For every 5 lbs of excess weight we have on our belly, it puts 20 lbs of pressure on our low backs...), thus explaining scrotal pain too...
So, things you can do...Wear supportive shoes, keep working on getting to an optimum weight, and just get up and move (even if it's slowly) for 30 min a day...Being diabetic, this is especially important...Don't be surprised if, when you are able to get to a healthier weight, your diabetes resolves itself...Good luck! May you feel better soon!