Fever, Joint Pain
Hello guys,

i just wanted to ask if someone here has experienced similar symptoms or knows what this might be

I am 25 y old male who has had joint pains for the last 2 months.

It all started one evening after going back from work - i found a thing on my wrist which later was diagnosed as a ganglion. The same evening i got high fever 39 degrees Celsius and the joints on my ankles and wrists have began to hurt. The fever lasted only two days and has been normal since then. On the third week after the symptoms began i went to my GP, who ran blood tests and found elevated ALT - 70 and elevated Cholesterol levels. Everything else was normal. He thought it might be hepatitis - but the tests(A,B,C) were negative. Two weeks later he repeated the liver enzymes test and this time everything was normal - ALT has decreased to 38.

What i'am worried about is that the joint pains are still there after two months. Some days i don't have the pains at all but sometimes they are coming back.

Before having the joint pains i had sore throat for about two weeks.

Has anyone experienced something like that?

Thank you for your inputs

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Fever with joint pains is seen in viral fevers (especially Chickungunya), typhoid, SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and other auto immune disorders. Localized infection of inflammation of joints can also cause fever and joint pains.
Since it is persisting after two months, all the above causes will need to be ruled out one by one. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
ganglions are not hard to get rid of.  Talk to Gp. I did mine myself.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.