Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Finger turning blue

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Finger turning blue

My fourth finger on my right hand begins to get numb and turns white on the end and my whole finger
turns blue.

This discussion is related to Numb finger tip turns blue.
Definitely a vasomotor/vascular issue; possibly the beginning of Raynaud's Phenomenon.

How long have you had this problem?  

Could be Raynaud's phenomenon. Your doctor should be able to tell you more about it. It's not serious in and of itself, but it can be one of a few signs of something more serious.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The numbness could be due to nerve compression. This is possible at various levels. It could be due to compression of the spinal nerves at the cervical spine level or, ulnar nerve at the elbow level. Hypothyroidism, diabetes, tumors and infections of the ulnar and spinal nerves and rheumatism can all cause numbness of ring finger. Please consult a neurologist. Very cold climate, peripheral vascular disease, leprosy, alcoholic neuropathy, Vit B12 deficiency, Addison’s disease, adrenal causes like pheochromocytoma, anemia, Buerger’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and Raynaud’s disease are the other causes You will need some tests like treadmill test, color Doppler, angiography, ultrasonography and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). It is difficult to comment beyond this on net without examining you and a detailed history. Please consult your PCP to begin with. Take care!