Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
First week on CPAP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

First week on CPAP

Has anyone experienced being more tired when first on the CPAP machine even when you're able to tolerate the mask and sleep all night?

This discussion is related to Side effects of CPAP machine.
Tags: first week, CPAP, rired, anxious
At first the machine will make you very tired but after you get used to it it wont bother you and you will be able to get more sleep
   Hi there i was the same as you when i first went on CPAP  but i soon settled down , now i can't sleep without it, please take care ......Bob
Hi there, i recently had a trial of cpap , but the mask covered my nose and mouth , i found it very difficult to wear. I only had a 5 day trial, my doc says not enough evidence from the results so i have to have further indepth tests done, awaiting a date for this. It was thought that i had osa ( obstructive sleep apnoae ) . I felt tired in the mornings cos it would take me a long time to get any sleep with the machine on . The last 2 nights i started to feel a bit clostraphobic and took it off for a bit .