Floaters in Eye
Having floaters in my eyes, started suddenly.  Have many floaters, not just one.  Eye doc said i shouldnt be worried unless I experience flashes of light.  I also have had in the past few months: headache (dull pains all over head), muscle ache, muscle twitches..went to a neurologist and had a brain MRI that came out normal.
Anyone???
Thanks!!
What does your neurologist say?? Does he want to do more tests?
How about going to a neuro opthamologist??? He can check your eyes and make sure theres nothing going on. Also was your mri with and without contrast?  Im thinking of going to one.  Ive had floaters forever...I have thousands of these little floaters that look like sperm or tadpoles and they swim around really fast. and then I have larger ones too that pass through my field of vision all the time.
my neurologist is not concerned. I think the MRI was with and without contrast.  I have an eye appt to make sure everything is okay there...
Thanks :)
Yeah, I've had floaters, too for about 7 years. I first noticed them suddenly one day. I thought it was a little gnat or something, then I realized it was IN my eye. I have a bunch now...it gets quite annoying. I've asked my eye doctor about it as well as my PCP and neurologist. They pretty much said that most people get them when they're older, but I got them at a younger age. (I'm 25, was like 18 when I first noticed them). They're not as annoying when I'm inside, but when I'm outside in the sunlight, they really bother me! But none of my doctors are worried about it.
migraine?  sounds like thats what it may be
My husband has them and they come with age he says they are calcium deposits or protein deposits not to worry still seek a dr.
I had normal amount of floaters until I had a hard fall last year and then I got a lot in one eye and I felt "different."  The opthal. said I had the jelly substance dissolving and it is normal for 40+ years old.  Some people claim it can happen after a fall, but most doctors say it can't.  I had a danger period for a detached retina, but I was fine when he checked me again.  I know my problem was caused by the fall.  He told me to expect my other eye to go through it at some time - that it is a pretty normal process.  As long as there are no flashes, etc., he said there is no danger.  I guess if your doctors have thoroughly checked you out and they say you are okay, you may look at that.  Be sure you are seeing an opthal. and not an optician.
i've had floaters since i can remember, and i'm 45. i also was nearsighted (-4.5 prescription both eyes). got the lasik surgery, now see perfect for distance. still got the floaters, though. hehe.
people that are nearsighted tend to get floaters, the more nearsighted you are, the more tendency to get them. as you get older, you should get more. it's the over-time shedding of cells from the lining of your retina. people who are nearsighted, have longer eyeballs, so they're more 'stretched', causing more shedding of cells, and eyeball lining ****.
most peoples' floaters are harmless, some folks have huge floaters, which can actually block vision. it's just something you have to get used to. most eye doctors will say to get used to them, unless you start seeing lights (which could indicate a tear happening in your retina). they also say that sometimes your brain tricks you into not seeing them after awhile (the 'getting used to it' part).
there are a few doctors out there who perform 'lazer' surgery for floaters ....... where they zap the **** out of the floater in your eye, but not all people are candidates, and the floaters have to be close to the front of your eyeball rather than towards the back (too dangerous to zap them).
most eye doctors don't suggest lazer eye zapping for floaters, too 'novel' approach, and not much literature on it yet.
I have had some of these same symptoms.  The dizziness and twitching in my neck get so bad that I don't want to do anything...just sit inside.  I can't even watch tv because my eyes will hurt and burn so much.  Been to an opthamologist  and have had a CT scan....not sure what it could be??