Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Flu-like symptoms, migraine headache and some kind of an attack?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I woke up this morning with pain all over my body...especially in my head, neck, shoulders and spine. I also have this strange on and off sensation in my hands whenever I open them. I do have congestion, ears are slightly blocked and a fever of 100.
About half an hour after I woke up this morning I came down for breakfast, sat down, and had this strange kind of an attack. All of a sudden my vision went almost completely blank, and while I could faintly see the people around me, everything pretty much looked black. I felt something in my chest close up and felt almost like I was suffocating and I thought I was going to throw up. I started sweating like crazy and out of no where I started crying. And my parents obviously freaked out and kept asking "whats wrong?!" and I felt so confused and shocked that I couldnt say anything.
my whole mouth all of a sudden started tasting really really bitter.
My parents rushed me over to a bed so i could lie down while they called the doctor to make an appointment. After about 2 minutes or so, I started to see again, and my chest slowly started to open up even though I still have a bit of a tightness sensation. I stopped crying and everything and I was back to where I was before it happened...a lot of pain.

Now I was taken to the doctor, but I feel like it was all bogus. She saw that I had some congestion and fever, but told me that I must have anxiety. Ive been on vacation for about 3 months. I study abroad and this is the only time I get with my family...so I can't imagine my happiness would cause anxiety? She said I must be depressed, and to feel better I should socialize. She then gave me a prescription of Valium for the pain, and told the nurses to give me a blood test. She also has booked me another appointment for ANOTHER blood test tomorrow. The blood tests are testing for diabetes, for any sign of an infection and for high cholesterol.

I just thought I would get a second opinion here. Im kind of nervous about the attack I had earlier this morning and was wondering if it sounds like anything extreme or just part of a bad migraine or something. Some advice about medication would be helpful as well....I live in a country where prescription meds can be bought off the counter lol.
I think the doctor is right. It do looks like an anxiety attack, though the reason is not obvious and the fever is also very odd. Relax and wait for the blood tests to come out. If you are diagnosed with anxiety disorder then the only cure is to stop caring too much about the future or the consequences of your action. Don't day dream and live in the present world without worrying .Enjoy each and every moment , because time is precious!
Hi Admirer.

Thanks for your reply. I looked up the symptoms for an anxiety attack and I agree that many of them fit - but it just doesn't make sense why I would get one or what would cause it? I've really been super relaxed the past few months with friends and family around me almost all the time.  Ive just come back from a proper vacation in the mountains like 2 days ago - whats more relaxing than that?
I'm a university student living on my own most of the time where I have to do not only school work but also providing for myself - but even through that I never ever feel pressured or that stressed out - in fact, I quite enjoy it.  There is absolutely no tension, anxiety, or anything even close to that in my life right now. I mean how much does a 20 year old really have to worry about? lol. And how would the anxiety attack relate to my flu symptoms?
My mucus is all yellow, and that combined with a fever would mean I have a virus or infection of some sort...correct?

Thanks for your time.
I would have to agree, although it does seem strange that you have a fever and stuff too. Maybe both? Anxiety can creep up on you when you dont even realize there is anything wrong.Just something to consider. Yellow mucus is a sign of infection, especially with a fever.
Yellow mucus generally is a sign that your body is fighting off an infection. The germs your body is getting rid of is what turns your mucus yellow. It's common and nothing much to worry about. Yeah you are right, its most probably a viral infection.
thanks guys - Im just happy it isn't anything serious - and I'll accept that what I got was likely an anxiety attack.
My doctor seemed like a nut case to me because she didn't check much, then got out a sheet of paper and wrote a list of 7 different tests to do with my blood....even though they had nothing to do with my symptoms. Even the nurses seemed really confused as to why they had to run so many tests that don't have anything to do with each other. She called this morning saying she was "confused" about what I had but to be on the safe side she wanted to start me on antibiotics anyways. Im obviously hesitant to do that so I guess i'll see what happens in the next few days. Today I just feel more congested with a lot of body ache and a fever.