Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Fluctuating Body Temperature

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Fluctuating Body Temperature

Okay, here's the latest obnoxious behavior from my body.

My body temperature has been fluctuating for god knows how long. I bought a thermometer about 2 months ago so i've had that to gauge it with, but mind you I'm sure the damn thing was fluctuating before I got one.

My body temperature is lowest in the morning, sometimes even going below 93 degrees. Throughout the day, i'll be at 96-97, then sometimes, and I notice this after I eat, my temp goes into the 99 range.

I'm frustrated and dont know whats going on. Anyone have any idea of what could be going on in my body?

Blood work has come back fine. Everything in order, including thyroid, diabetes, etc.

The only thing off was my bilirubin, which was at 1.3.

Someone please help.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Well, not all human beings have the perfect bookish body temperature. If your body temperature is constant for a particular time of the day or night measured over a week, there is nothing to worry about. The temperature is lowest early in the morning. Maybe you can adjust your room temperature or cover yourself with a bed spread or blankets as the weather condition is to minimize the heat loss from your body. If you are low on iron or anemic, have diabetes or thyroid problems then you can have temperature fluctuations. Get blood tests done to rule these out.
Temperature also rises after taking food. However if indeed your diurnal variation is from 93 to 99, then you need to check for the above mentioned conditions and the room temperature where you stay.
Hope this helps. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply!

My body temperature is constantly fluctuating. Constantly. :( I noticed when I turned up the AC, my temp of 99 went down. So When Its cold my temp is low. I see my body is reacting to the temperature around me and its trying to regulate itself.

I have another theory that when I eat, my body tries to regulate its temperature thus hitting the 99 mark.

Very confusing.
i have the  same problem. i have low adrenal function. you should have that tested and try some adrenal suppport
A related discussion, low body temperature was started.
A related discussion, body temperature was started.
A related discussion, How high is too high a fever in an adult? was started.