Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Foggy head/ Feeling "out of it'/Dulled senses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

OK so I had the flu pretty bad about 2 months ago. While I had it, I felt like I was in a pretty bad daze. I would sense things around me but not anywhere near as well as I normally do. My senses all around felt duller and it felt like my brain was slowed down all around. Well here we are today and while the problem has faded a bit I still feel out of it. Walking through the halls in school I feel like I'm in a bit of a fog and I don't really sense everything going on around me. I don't think the problem is sleep deprivation because we recently had spring break and gettin 10+ hours of sleep a day didn't help manners any. Please help if you had anything similar and gotten over it, it's very frustrating because I have no idea what sort of medicine I should take or what I should do.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There is something you can do at home. Take steam. Do valsalva maneuver (Done by taking a deep breath and blowing while pinching your nostrils and closing your mouth). Do deep breathing exercise and take a multivitamin and a folic acid pill daily for a few days. If symptoms persist consult an ENT specialist and a neurologist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I am the same way. though i havent had the flu or anything like that in a while i have been feeling like i was in a daze pretty much all day everyday.  my senses don't seem to be as quick as they use to.  i don't do any drugs and rarely drink.  maybe twice a month.  i get this way a lot at school or when im driving or even just walking around, watching tv, reading, pretty much when im doing anything.  what do you think i should do? it really ***** and i just want to feel normal again.
I can only speculate, but it is a fact that when bacteria replicate, and when they are destroyed by antibiotics, chemicals are released that are essentially neurotoxins. These substances are not the bacteria.  The worse the infection, the more neorutoxins.

These effect mental function and cause mental fog. They take a long time to get out of the system.

Drnees suggestion about taking steam is good, but going to a naturopathic steam bath is better. They generally make you take a shower, scub and rinse yourself and then there are a serious of saunas, wet steam, dry, and usually with ice baths in between, followed by massage and herbal teas. A "treatment" takes several hours. Some of the establishments have "bunk rooms" where you can sleep for several hours after a treatment.
Thanks for keeping me posted!
Well, there are a few things you can get investigated for—diabetes, hypothyroidism and anemia. Also it could be post viral syndrome of weakness and lethargy. Soups and multivitamins should do the trick. A number of times a person feels that he has slept well, but in actual it is not so. If all the above suggestions fails then you would need to consult a sleep medicine specialist.
Please discuss this with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Its funny, because i have pressure behind my ears feel like they are filled with water, they hurt every now and then. I have been to the ENT and they said my ears are perfect, the only thing I had was vertigo. My ears feel full, my head feels foggy and i cant seem to concentrate and it feels as though im in a daze at times. I dont want to get out much. I have been to doctors and no one can tell me why i feel this way. If anyone have any reason to what it could be from. I have had Complete blood work done and nothing.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
From you symptoms it appears to be chronic fatigue syndrome. It presents with widespread myalgia and arthralgia, cognitive difficulties, chronic mental and physical exhaustion, headaches and concentration difficulty and memory problems.
Other possibilities are anemia, hypothyroidism, disorders of the hypothalamus,
psychiatric or breathing disorders and sleep disorders. Consult a sleep specialist once.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Would CFS cause my eyes to feel as though they are moving, my vision is  not that great. I do wear glasses, but I have a hard time focusing, my eyes feel like they are moving to the side, backwards, and it appears to happen if the sun is shining or if i look outside and the light hit it in a weird way, then i start to panic, i do suffer from panic attacks, I just recently moved to another state where i dont have any family but a boyfriend. I had the symptoms before I left. It is real hard to get it together at times. Like i said before I have been to the doctors all sorts and eveyone say i am find. Yet i dont feel like it. I do every now and then have face pain, headaches, feeling of floating foggy head, cant concentrate, feeling very anxious and. I looked up CFS and i didnt find a lot of symptoms, but i do however have a hard time sleeping at nights. When i feel like i am getting enough rest i wake up tired, and feel as though iwas up for weeks, i will get an overwhelming feeling of sleepiness and its weird it happens at all hours of the day.
What do I need to tell my doctor, i dont want them to start thinkin I am crazy
Thanks for keeping me posted!
You can also look at the possibility of Sjogren’s syndrome. This causes dry eyes and a weird feeling in the eye. There is a possibility that you have photophobia. Refer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photophobia
Another possibility is that you are suffering from ocular migraines. These produce headaches along with visual symptoms ranging from static vision to temporary loss of vision. Please discuss this possibility with your doctor. Normally, ophthalmic migraines do not require treatment. But if these symptoms recur regularly then you may need medication to reduce the frequency and/or severity of attacks. Consult a neurologist.
i  also have feeling of foggy head.this happens mostly day time .i had checked blood test ct scan and found ok. i am  sleepless most of night  and feeling tired.i am  very much worried  and  mydoctor gave  me valium and other vitmin tablets. but i am not  ok.
I can totally relate to how you feel; most of the day I feel like I am in a fog. I can't seem to say what I am tinking, and I forgot things really easily. The other day I walked around Wal-mart parking lot for 20 mintues trying to find my car. It always feels like there is pressure behind my eyes and my right ear rings all the time. I also have a very bad stiffness in my neck on the right side. I am only forty and I feel like i am falling apart. I hope you get to feeling better and maybe one of will find someone who can tell us what to do.
suzieq40
A related discussion, Clouded Brain Syndrome was started.
A related discussion, foggy, spaced out feeling after mild flu was started.
A related discussion, pressure, fogginess, "out of it" was started.