Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Food sitting in stomach, diarrhea, lower back pain, vomiting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night with bad diarrhea.  At the same time I felt very bloated and my stomach felt extremely full.  By mid-morning I got nauseated and threw up the entire contents of my stomach.  It appeared that everything I ate the day before had just been sitting in my stomach.  I continued with the diarrhea and at this point I was just passing water.  Of course I have been drinking plenty of water as well as pedialite.  I was starving so I tried eating a couple of soft tacos for dinner.  Here I am the next day and I can feel those tacos are still sitting in my stomach.  I think I might vomit again soon.  I feel extremely bloated and have had lower back pain this entire time.  The diarrhea has stopped and I have not had a bowel movement since yesterday.  Any ideas anyone?  I never get sick!  
Me: 31 years old, 5'10" 195 lbs, good shape, no heath conditions, not taking any meds.

Thanks!
Sounds like you maybe impacted the reason why the food is sitting on your stomach so long is because it has not where else to go and the reason why you are getting the diarrhea is because you are clogged up so to speak and are not moving any solid waste through your system therefor only the really watery can seap around it. You need to try a suppository which will work it 15-45 minutes
you prob got ibs you should ask your doctor and they will test you .
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Hope by now the diarrhea has settled. Take an OTC lactobacillus preparation and yoghurt with your meals. Drink plenty of fluids. Eat light, do not stay hungry but eat simple things like toast, porridge, cereals, crackers etc. Take ORS. Take over the counter antacid and antiemetic (this SOS for vomiting). Watch out for a day or two with this treatment. After the effect of Imodium (immodium) has worn off, you may actually feel better after passing a few loose stools as the infection will go out too. However keep up your fluid intake.
If still the symptoms persist, then you may need an antibiotic for the gut and would need to see a doctor. If after the antibiotic course too the symptoms persist, then there is a chance that you have developed either IBS or some food intolerance. In that case you would need to consult a gastroenterologist.
Please go through as advised. In all probability things will settle down. At any time you feel that symptoms are worsening (more than 8-10 loose stools in 24 hrs, vomiting, feeling faint, high fever etc) please go to the ER.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!