Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Freezing hands and feet!

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Freezing hands and feet!

Even when everyone around me is warm, I always feel freezing to the touch. And once I'm cold I can't warm up! This is particually bad on my hands and feel and they can go numb and blue/purple. Even when wearing gloves, I cannot keep my hands warm! Anyone have any information??
Hi there
I have the same problem so you have my sympathy.... the nearest i can come to it is Raynauds syndrome, it fits the bill for me perfectly. My boyfriend calls me his smurf as I go blue ha ha very funny! The only thing that works for me is wrapping up warm without fail, even if it looks warm out there I don't risk it until I start sweating. I HATE the winter because most people just think your moaning and don't realise how limiting this thing is...

Speak to your doctor about Raynauds, I don't believe they can do much about it, but it helps a bit to have a name for it. Does the cold affect your tongue?? it does me and I end up with a numb tongue and inability to speak properly..

Melanie
Thanks for that - Good to know I'm not alone! And yeah I've researched that a bit.... It doesn't affect my tounge at all, but my boyfriend always says that when I kiss him my mouth is always freezing, so maybe it does, deffo not a serious as you though :)

Emma
Theirs hand warmers for hunting with lighter fluid ,battery operated socks you could cut ends off.And for woman a curling iron called Clicker. you can take the plastic curling apperatise off and use it as a hand warmer.