Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Frequent bruises at joints Chills...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Frequent bruises at joints Chills...

Over the past weeks, following the birth of my daughter via C-section 8 weeks ago, I have been experiencing symptoms which are unusual to me.  

Symptom 1.  Bruising at or near the joints in my hands, elbows, and knees. Could low platelet counts be causing this spontaneous bruising?  Shortly after my C-section, my OB did a CBC and discovered that my platelet count was low.  She was a bit concerned, but decided that she would check it again at my six week checkup.  She did and my platelet count was still low @96000 p/mm.  She sent my to my primary physician (PP) who rechecked my platelet count - less than 24 hours later and it was up to 155000 p/mm.  My PP was not really concerned after I told her that I was getting over a cold, but asked me to come in a week later to get them checked again.  I did and my platelet count had gone up to 168000 p/mm.  (Previous CBCs (before I had my daughter) revealed platelet counts in the 165000-170000 range.) She has asked me to come in again in six weeks to check my platelet count.  

Symptom 2. Chills. I have checked my temperature numerous times when I feel these cold sensations and it is normal - usually 97.8-98.6.  I can put on multiple layers of clothing and/or blankets and still feel cold.  

Symptom 3.  Headaches. I hadn't had many prior to my c-section or during my pregnancy.  I have however been experiencing at least one per week, for the last couple of weeks which last for at least 3 hours...even after Tylenol or Advil.  

Should I report these symptoms to my physician or not worry about them. What could this be?