Frequent fevers, cause unknown.
Hello.
For the past months I've had frequent fevers (up to 37.7 degrees Celsius). I've had these random fevers before, but they appeared when I was nervous and disappeared a few hours after. Now they can last up to a week and occur even when I'm completely calm.
I've had blood tests (including an HIV test, which was negative), urine test, stool sample and all that done, no infection or anything showed up.
The fever comes and goes and gets higher/lower during the day. It can be 37,2 and just an hour later it can be 37,6. Also, sometimes I sweat a lot during the fever and when the fever gets lower, I get cold hands/feet and a chilly feeling.

What I'm thinking is that it could be because of anxiety, maybe? But as much information I could find online, different resources say that anxiety can't cause a fever and it's usually an indicator of an infection. Is it true?

And my thermometer isn't broken. I've used three different ones.

Thanks in advance.
You might want to get checked for thyroiditis, mononucleosis & CMV or cytomegalovirus, all of which can be associated with fever.  See PM for further info about fever causes.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A fever that comes and goes and is low degree can be due to anemia, hypothyroidism or due to diabetes. I am listing the various possibilities that can cause fever. Please go through them and discuss with your PCP as a confirmed diagnosis cannot be made on net.
Recurrent fever is seen in tuberculosis, SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and other auto immune disorders, UTI, drug fever, sinusitis, glandular fever, otitis media, IBS, HIV, STDs, endocarditis, parasitic infestations, fungal infections, lymphomas and other cancers etc.
In your case polycystic ovary, menopause, PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) should also be investigated for. Dehydration is a frequent cause of low grade fever with malaise. So drink plenty of fluids and see.
Evening rise in temperature is generally due to anemia, diabetes, hypothyroid states, overwork, stress and fatigue. It is also seen in diseases like tuberculosis.
Most labs have a fever panel to rule out most diseases that can cause persistent low grade fever.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, Continuous Fever for almost 2 months was started.