Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Fuzzy mind, fuzzy memory, headaches, trouble focusing/concentrating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I'm a 21 year old white male, and in the past few weeks I've been having some weird symptoms.  My head feels really funny/fuzzy, and I also get headaches either in the back of my head or the top part.  I'm having trouble focusing and concentrating in class, and at times I have some mild trouble focusing on words.  It seems that no matter how much sleep I get I am a bit tired and everything seems like I'm in a fog/not really there.  I'm having some memories problems as well, though this may be related to the lack of concentration.

I think it might be stress/anxiety, as I recently started my senior year in college.  It might also be anemia, as my diet is not great.  I do not smoke, but I drink a lot of diet coke and on the weekends get drunk.

Please help!!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You have described your symptoms pretty well. From you symptoms alone it sounds like chronic fatigue syndrome. Possible due to stress of education, mabe late nights, and lack of proper sleep (sound sleep for requied hours—not just sleeping). This usually presents with a combination of following symptoms—and not all of them: widespread myalgia (muscle ache) and arthralgia (bone and joint ache), headaches, chronic mental and physical exhaustion, cognitive difficulties, concentration difficulty and memory problems. Cognitive behavior therapy, memory games, multivitamin therapy, nutritional care, graded increase in exercise all help to treat it. There is no cause for this.
Poor sleep pattern and sleep problems like sleep apnea too can cause brain fog. Sleep studies by sleep specialists can help diagnose this. Low Vit D or Vit B12 too could be the cause. Then you also need to investigate other causes of brain fog like liver dysfunction (get liver enzymes done—liver function test), kidney dysfunction (get kidney function test done), and anemia.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
They are also symptoms of being hungover.  That's exactly how you feel the day after getting drunk.

Your nutrition consists of diet coke during the week and alcohol on weekends.  What do you expect?

Co
Is it at all possible you could have lyme disease? Lyme disease can feel like you just woke with a hangover. You do not have to have a bullseye rash to have lyme. You are in the heart of lyme country. Do you have any muscle pain, rashes, unexplained stomach issues or bowel issues, or anything that is unusual. I live in PA and my son who goes to Penn State College is in treatment for lyme disease. He suffers with chronic fatigue, muscle pain and some minor joint pain, neck pain, headaches, light sensitivity, and more. He was diagnosed with lyme disease as well as a babesia infection. I have a great doctor you could go to if you want to get checked for this condition. We are located near Harrisburg. Our doctor is a specialist in lyme disease. You can message me if you want any info. Good luck.
This may be a nutrient deficiency.  Stress depletes B vitamins, magnesium, calcium, zinc, and vitamin C. Also, dark coloured softdrinks like coke, and alcohol deplete magnesium levels.  Iron needs vitamin C, vitamin B12, folate, and zinc for optimal absorption.