Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
GERD, light headed, back and abdominal pain, headaches, fatigue, foggin...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

GERD, light headed, back and abdominal pain, headaches, fatigue, fogginess

In mid April I started having GERD symptoms (acid reflux, feeling of something in my throat after eating, dyspepsia). The doctor tried me on Prilosec and Aciphex, neither of which helped (and in fact seemed to make things worse). In lat June I started having back pain on my left side, around my shoulder blade. I also started having abdominal pain in a roughly correlational spot on my front side (on the left). I have since started having days where I am light headed and foggy, and mentally sluggish. Very fatigued, having headaches that I have not previously had, and general feeling of not feeling well. I have also noticed my hands and feet get very cold, and easily become numb (if sitting in a position that might cause blood to have trouble flowing toward them), much more so than previously. I have had numerous blood tests done. My total calcium is slightly high, but a PTH and ionic calcium tests came back fine. Vitamin D is slightly low (36), but not enough that I would think it would affect me. Had an MRI done showing pancreas, kidneys, and psoas muscle are all fine. Urine and blood tests have all come back fine, albumin in my blood is slightly high, but that's about it. The doctor currently wants to wait and run blood tests again in a few weeks to see if there is any change. In the interim, I have good and bad days, and on the bad ones it is very hard for me to function normally (due to the symptoms listed above). Any suggestions on other possible causes I should bring up to my doctor that we could look at? He says he is willing to refer me if we still can't find anything, but I'm not even sure what specialist or tests should be run at this point (though my doctor might have an idea). Any thoughts?
This definitely is GI related.  I would recommend you consult a GI Specialist.

Any scans of your liver; any liver panel labs?  Serum Iron and red blood cell count ok?
They did an ultrasound of my liver and gall bladder, which came back fine. I am not sure about the liver panel labs, but I believe that was run at some point. Not sure about iron and RBC either. What might these two tests indicate?
Are you referring to the Iron and RBC labs I mentioned?

Those I recommended to make sure there is not a bleed in the stomach from an ulcer, etc. causing the pain, fatigue, etc.