GROIN PAIN- RIGHT HAND SIDE
I  have severe groin pain, which is worse when walking and getting in  the car. I have had an x-ray on my hip, which has come back clear.  The pain gets so bad I end up limping and hunched over..Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Lisa.
how long have you had the pain? Do you hear a 'popping' like noise when you ambulate [walk], or a constant stabbing like pain in the groin area, that increases with intensity in the pm and at bedtime[hs]? i would suggest that you obtain a MRI that can indicate many possibilities, that in the early stages a 'simple' x-ray may not be able to 'pick up' MRI's are great for diagnosing maNY POSSIBILITIES such as dislocation[s], possibility of labrum tears [acetabulum capsule, around the femoral head], cancer of the bone, and or avascular necrosis which can occur silently, and can go untreated, especially if you have had uncaring practitioners like i have had!!!, let me know if i have been some assistance ***@****
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Groin pain can occur due to several causes like swollen lymphnodes, hernia, kidney stones, inflammation of large and small intestine and muscle pull. Apart from these it can also be a pinched nerve in lower spine. What I would like to add is that the nerve compression may be superficial too (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve), that comes from the hip area and gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site helps. In your husband’s case you can apply a pain reliever at the site and see if it helps.
If all these conditions are ruled out then it could be the starting of Pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE) in which the pudendal nerve (located in the pelvis) is entrapped or compressed.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Thanks for getting back to me.  You described my pain down to a T... The pain gets worse with continued walking.  My GP has advised me too loose weight, which I have agreed too, but in the mean time, just keep taking the pills.  If my weight is the cause, then why am I not hurting anywhere else.  When i was about 11 I used to get an intermitant cracking  noise, my then GP said I would grow out of it.. It still does on the rare occasion  now.  I am able to move it out of its socket.  After reading your reply, I am now going to go back to my GP and request an MRI, fingers crossed he agrees, think I am going to struggle with convincing him.  If there is a tear in the labrum can this mended?
Thanks again for coming back to me, you have been a great help.
Regards
Lisa