Gall Bladder and Diabetes
I'm female 44 years old, I've been a type 1 diabetic for 11 years, the past 6 months I've had big issues with my blood sugars, one day they are extremely high, the next day I'll have an insulin attack. I've come to the conclusion that my gall bladder is infected - (just from pain in my upper middle back) how serious is this as I am not able to get to a doctor for another 3 weeks.

Based on the site of the pain, You may have developed some inflammation around the gall bladder or perhaps the liver. It is also possible that you may have developed some inflammation around the ribs or the costal cartilages. This may only be confirmed based on further examination and tests.

In case it is the inflammation of the Gall bladder, occurence at the same time with the Diabetes may be dangerous and therefore needs urgent medical attention. Even with a liver inflammation, the cause of the lesion may need to be diagnosed. This  may also be the reason for the abnormal sugar highs and lows that you see, due to some other lesions in the pancreas. Therefore, contact your doctor immediately

Hope this helped. let me know if you need more info.