Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Getting slightly worried about always feel so off? What do my symptoms ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Getting slightly worried about always feel so off? What do my symptoms sound like?

I have just not been feeling myself for about 6 months/a year now, I'm a 19 year old female.

I don't want to go to the GP for fear of sounding as though I am just reeling off symptoms and being neurotic.

My symptoms

Occasionally, tender to touch higher abdomen
Chronic acne
Painful periods/long periods
Feel hungover every morning, never wake up feeling refreshed
Constant all month round vaginal discharge, clear or sometimes white consistency of uncooked egg white
Pain in ovaries or kidneys, I can't figure out which
Swollen feet/hands every morning
Chronic tiredness
Nausea when eating/after eating
Sore mouth, peeling skin on inside lips
Breathlessness when just standing up or walking around
Feeling very faint/like I'm about to lose control of my body very suddenly
Feel so thirsty but can't quench my first - my body doesn't want for anything, it doesn't see water as refreshing even though I tell myself it is and drink it!

My background history;
Unfortunately, I had to undergo a termination this time last year. Painful periods have been since then
I was also admitted to hospital with glandular fever around 5 years ago, it was attacking my liver and kidneys. I was on a lot of medication when I came out, thankfully recovered now.

All of these symptoms come and go but everyday I will experience a few of them and I just feel generally crappy.

Thank-you
Sorry to hear that you have been feeling so unwell for such a long time.

Unfortunately, my advice to you is that you MUST make an appointment and see the doctor.

The symptoms that you mention make me think of diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, thrush, anaemia.  Swelling of hands and feet is fluid retention.  This may be due to your hormone levels.  Sometimes swollen feet can be indicative of kidney or heart problems.

With Thrush, you can get this in your mouth as well as down below.  So you will need a one dose oral capsule called Fluconazole which costs £10 from the chemist without a prescription.  Oral thrush medication is a gel called Daktarin for the mouth only and is about £3-£4 at the chemist.  You can also buy Canesten from the chemist for vaginal problems.  If you go for the Fluconazole, you won't need the other medications.

The tiredness and feeling faint with breathlessness is likely to be that you are anaemic.

Tiredness and being thirsty all the time can also indicate diabetes.

Because you have a lot of issues going on.  Make an appointment and see your doctor.  Write all the problems on a piece of paper and give it to the doctor.

You will need to have a blood test to check you out for diabetes and anaemia and to check your hormone levels.  A blood test can also be done to check your kidney and liver function.

Your urine will need to be tested to rule out any urinary problems.

The doctor may also send you for an ultrasound scan to make sure that your womb and ovaries are OK.

The doctor can also prescribe an antibiotic for your chronic acne.

Make sure that you drink plenty of fluids.  2-3 litres of water throughout the day.  Eat a healthy and well balanced diet with fresh fruit and vegetables.  Kidneys and liver contain a lot of iron.  Keep off or cut down on junk food, fizzy drinks and processed and refined foods like chocolates, cakes, biscuits, etc.

Let me know how you get on when you have seen your doctor.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
ur clearly not feeling yourself make appointment see doctor tell him ur sytoms write them down so you mention everything good luck xx
You definately have to see a gynocologist!  And then a doctor of Internal Medicine (Family Doctor).  These symptoms are not anything that will just go away. They will not think you are neurotic at all.  Your symptoms are what they are there for. Get feeling better and enjoy life - Your only 19!  Best of Luck to you - Now get on it!!!   :)