Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Getting worse, mouth and stomach

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Getting worse, mouth and stomach

I have posted in many forums, seen many doctors and no answers
Still bad dry mouth and throat, cannot explain the Tissues" of my mouth and tongue don't feel right
Now, dealing with bad upset stomach issues, no vomiting but feel nauseated and bloated. Wake up during the night sweating and upset stomach will continue all day.  I take Omeprazole twice a day, low dose Xanax and using Pepto Bismol. GI doc not diagnosing just treating symptoms. Prescribed some med but my insurance won't cover it.
Also have phlegm, thick, I can sometimes hack up, constantly clearing my throat.
They always want to say GERD, but these symptoms are worse, no acid reflux.
There has to be something they are missing
Was on Kefkex for a tooth infection then given Clindomycin (?) had to stop due to stomach upset. Took it fir about 6 days but stopped it about 4 days ago.
I can really use some help.  Don't feel I am getting a correct diagnosis.
The mouth, throat and tongue are getting worse, no relief.
i am having the same problem no one knows whats goin on the only thing that helps is laying down and eating very light and drinking alot of water and orage juice
Low stomach acid is common for many reasons from aging to medical conditions to nutrient deficiencies.  You need good amounts of stomach acid to absorb essential nutrients and kill off bacteria, fungus, and parasites.  Lowering stomach acid with drugs like omeprazole is only a short term solution as you need stomach acid for good health.

I'm not sure if you have been tested for Sjogren's Syndrome yet but this is a cause of a dry mouth (can also cause dry eyes), nausea, night sweats, and stomach upset (i've read this is caused by inflammation of the stomach lining however just to add this one of the many diseases associated with low stomach acid).  Another common cause of dry mouth and night sweats is menopause.
Have you tried looking up the side affects of the meds you are on, and have been on? I haven't looked up what you have listed, but excessive dry mouth and upset stomach can definitely be caused from meds. Infact, that's usually the biggest culprit,  I would suggest looking them up and taking the info to your Doc, if you find that it's a side affect of any of them. They don't always know this stuff, and your pharmacist would have better insight to this as well. Good luck and keep us posted.
Yes, the doctors know my meds. Mi only take low dose Alprazolam, which I have taken for over 4years.  He doubled my Omoerazole to 40 mg 2 x day, I just took the first dose this morning.
I was on Keflex then Clindamycin (?) for almost a week and had to stop due to stomach upset. Stopped over a week ago.  
He is taking stool samples to see if it caused infection.
Again this morning, woke up and my stomach immediately started to feel upset.  This has been happening almost daily.  Took the meds about an hour ago and no relief yet.
I also have this constant phlegm I try to hack up.
Miserable