Gilberts Syndrome
A couple of years ago my younger brother, 32 at the time was diagnosed with GS. It followed a bout of stress pertaining to his health. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a small lesion just inside my nose on the septum. I made an appointment to see my Doctor, but was very worried about it. Now a week passed and all the sudden I started to feel this annoying pang in my lower right abdomen, accompanied by some indigestion,burping alot, and slightly more color to my face. No color change in my eyes. I have no blood in any bodily waste nor is this pang painful, but annoying and worrisome. Is it possible I have GS or should I be alarmed to something else? What do I have to ask my Doctor to do to test for that.  I have no fever, nausea, vomiting, bleeding anywhere, or bad pain. Just slight jaundice,and a bit of a lower right abdomen tweak, and one night of night sweats.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Thanks for writing to the forum!

If you have jaundice along with other symptoms like indigestion, abdominal pain, burping etc, and since you have a family history of Gilbert’s Syndrome, you must consult your doctor. You need to get your bilirubin tested. “Patients with GS show predominantly elevated unconjugated bilirubin, while conjugated is usually within normal ranges and form less than 20% of the total.” Refer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert's_syndrome
In GS all other tests like ultrasound of abdomen, liver function tests and CBC all come normal. Genetic testing will reveal the defective gene.

The other possibility is you suffering from Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/Irritable Bowel Syndrome. All these result in tender abdomen, loose stool or loose stools alternating with constipation, abdominal distention, cramps etc.

I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!