Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Gripping pain around rib cage and odd sensations under sternum
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gripping pain around rib cage and odd sensations under sternum

I have had gall bladder/apendix type pains in my stomach although I do not have either.  I have had scopes, MRIs, scans of all sorts on all digestive tracts and had a sphincterotomy on the Sphincter of Odi.  I have had elevated liver enzymes and pancreatic enzymes but not consistently with pain.  Over the last one and a half years, these symptoms have been occurring.  About 6 months ago, I started having the sensation of my stomach flipping over followed by moderate to very severe pain.  My general practitioner, surgeon, and three GI doctors are at a loss.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  I do not know what to do.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

How does the pain begin? Suddenly or gradually. Abdominal pain that comes on suddenly suggests a sudden event, for example, the interruption of the supply of blood to the colon (ischemia) or obstruction of the bile duct by a gallstone (biliary colic).

What is the pattern of the pain? Crampy or steady.

What makes the pain worse? Pain due to inflammation (appendicitis, diverticulitis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis) typically is aggravated by sneezing, coughing or any jarring motion. Patients with inflammation as the cause of their pain prefer to lie still.

What relieves the pain? Vomitings or taking antacids.

Are there associated signs and symptoms like fever, diarrhea or rectal bleeding?

Can be diverticulitis or GERD or peptic ulcers.Pls get an ultrasound abdomen and CT abdomen along with blood counts done to find out the cause of pain as treatment depends on the same.

Take care and God bless.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...