Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Groin and Pubic Pain after Heart Cath's

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Groin and Pubic Pain after Heart Cath's

Underwent 6 different heart Cath's. Have two Stents in circumflex. Since 4th Heart cath have had cronic (chronic) and acute pain in groin and pubic area. Do not have  pseudo bleed in area, as have went to hospital and ultra-sound has been performed to find any possible bleeds. Pain radiates and has never decreased or gone away. Is it possible that nerve has been damaged from heart cath?
If so then what are treatment options to correct pain from nerve damage?
Who treats such pain
1 Comment

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes possibility of a nerve damage is there, especially (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve), that comes from the hip area and gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. In your case it could be due to inflammation in the area.  Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site (nerve block) helps. In your case you can apply a pain reliever at the site and see.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please consult a neurologist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!