Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Gum Infection and Sinus Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Gum Infection and Sinus Problems

I have been having sinus problems for a very long time. Now, I have headaches, earaches, toothaches, and gum infections at the same time. I called ask- a-nurse in my community, but her only advice to me is to see a doctor. Since I am uninsured she advised me to go to the ER to get some antibiotics. I can't afford to go there because it is very expensive. I went there 2 years ago for a similar situation, and all I got was a BP check and two prescriptions it cost me $958.00. Of course, I could not pay for it. I guess she was disgusted w/me because she said that she had another call and left. However, does anyone have any advice on some home treatment or OTC medicine that I could use for this infection. This has been going on (off and on) for months, and this pain and burning is becoming unbearable. Also, several of my remaining teeth on that side has become loose. I have had teeth extracted in the past because of this problem. Thank you.
You may have gum disease (gingivitis) and the only thing that help will be to go to a dentist. They may do scaling, depending on what stage your gum infection is.  Scaling helps a lot in the earlier stages. Results are pretty quick.

See a dentist about your toothaches, your teeth may need to be removed, filled, etc.,

See a dentist before you get an abscess, which could cause earaches, headaches, toothache, and a bunch of other issues.  

Try seeing if there are any low cost healthcare centers, like a health department in your area. Many have a sliding pay scales in which you pay based on your income - sometimes services are even free.

Hope you feel better!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Is there a possibility that you have a gastric reflux? Take a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole, lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning. Along with it you can try over the counter antacids. However I would recommend you see a doctor and take medication under a doctor’s supervision. Avoid heavy meals and eat frequent small meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Take a late night snack and eat supper early. Avoid lying down for least 2 hours after food main food, dinner or supper. Maybe these tips will help you.
The best thing would be to consult a doctor (maybe try a walk in clinic) and try and assess what is the cause of your problem. Hope this helps. Take care!

Hope you feel better!
Thank you for a great comment and suggestions.
Being sick definitely *****.  I hope you feel better.  You are welcome!