HELP... Severe numbness and pain in elbow!!
I am having severe numbness in my hand with an extremely painful ache in my elbow...  At night I wake up to my hand being numb, so numb it aches, it comes with a severe pain/ache in my elbow.  It wakes me up in the middle of the night, I can't sleep and it is starting to really worry me... All morning I have limited movement in my hand and tingling, I cannot pick things up with that hand for a couple of hours in the AM and sometimes it goes numb again... The ache in my elbow is not as severe, but it is still there...  Right now as I am typing this, my hand is going numb again and my elbow is aching....  What could this be?!

Three important  possibilities are there. Firstly, such electric shock like pains are quite common in hands and esp thumb in patients of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. CTS is a medical condition in which the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to pain, paresthesias, and muscle weakness in the forearm and hand.

Second is brachial neuritis.It is due to compression of nerves of the brachial plexus. A brachial plexus injury occurs when the nerves that connect your arm and spinal cord get stretched or torn.

Third possibility is of multiple sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune condition in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system (CNS), leading to demyelination.It can be diagnosed by MRI brain and MRS of the brain.

Other possibilities are of diabetes, hypothyroidism, hypoparathyroidism,peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.
Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the numbness is gone or not.Rest of the conditions need an evaluation by a neurologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.