Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
HELP! Cough is killing me and troubble breathing!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

PLEASE HELP!!

My insomnia has gotten really bad, I can't fall asleep at night as i tend to have a lot of energy which keeps me awake while then during the day i tend to fall asleep and are really lethargic.
Just Yastarday I was doing some cardio exercises and i kept getting heartburns so had to stop, and then as I woke up this morning my voice was gone and had a terrible sore throat.
I've took few streptsils during the day and they brought some of my voice back but during the evening is gotten worse.
I've lost all of my voice and barely can make any sounds, my throat is very sore and dry, I tried drinking water to
moisturise it but it's not helping and it hurts more. I cough persistantly, and when I cough, i cough up this dark yellow thick mucus. Also my chest feels very heavy and stiff and i find it hard to breathe.
I've no fever for now and no flue symptoms either, I don't know what to do and it seems that it's getting worse and worse even thoughit's just been a day.

I've be really greatful if you could give me any suggestions on what it could be or if you experienced something like this before. Thank you I really appreciate it! :)
Sounds like you may have walking pneumonia/bronchitis? Maybe with asthma along with it. I used to get acute bronchitis all the time and I had all the same issues. However, the one time I had the walking pneumonia, I did not notice feeling as badly, but I had all that congestion.

I would definitely see the doctor tomorrow, but in the meantime, Mucinex D is AMAZING to clear out gunk in your lungs. Since the mucus is green (infection) you will need a prescribed antibiotic.

If your breathing is too labored in the mean time, you make want to go to the ER and have a breathing treatment (or try your inhaler if you have one). And if you are really ill, they may give you IV antibiotics (they rock - you feel so much better so much faster)

Either way, do go see the doc tomorrow :)

They will fix you right up!
Take care and I hope this helps!
I forgot about the insomnia, but I think that is either from being sick or it's just a separate issue? I hope you feel better soon and get sleep soon!
i've had symptoms like this before. it's definitely a type of pneumonia/bronchitis. go to the hospital. see your doctor. they'll know what to do. :)
Hi there.  I agree with the mucinex suggestion----  that is really great for making mucus move more easily.  Drinking EXTRA fluids also helps with this.  Try standing in a steamy shower for a bit too.  A vaporizor or humidifier when you sleep is good too.  Hopefully you can go see your doctor today.  If it is something like bronchitis or pnemonia (pneumonia), you will need an antibiotic.  They'll swab your throat as well, I"m sure.  Some gargle with salt water (I have a hard time with this) and find that helps.  I like those sprays you put in the back of your mouth that numb it a bit.  Seems to help  

Insomnia is terrible and it sounds like maybe you've gotten into some difficult sleep patterns.  I would fight the urge to nap and rest during the day.  Do something active and physical when you feel lethargic then. And then at night, do not do anything stimulating before bed or if you wake out of your sleep.  I can have insomnia as well and find that the less I do at night, the easier it is to get back to sleep.  My natural sleep pattern is to be up late and  wake late which doesn't work for my life.  I've retrained myself to wake at a normal time and go to bed at a normal time.  I will slip back to the old pattern easily though (even though I can NEVER sleep in with kids so I just end up being up really late, waking early and then being tired all day) so have to keep the schedule religiously.  good luck to you and hope you feel better
Thank you for all of your suggestions! But I don't have asthma so I don't have any inhalators!
My mucus is yellow not green so I doubt it's a bacterial infection, but I really appreciate all of your comments! It really helps to hear the opinion of other people as it's easier then to see if i was right or wrong.
Im going to try and see my doctor tomorrow morning as today I've woken up and I'm really weak.
I will let you know what it was! Thank you !!!
Here is another reason to use mucinex and to double up on your liquids---  if mucous is kept fluid, it won't block such things like the nasal sinuses, chest, etc. where if this is only a virus now it then turns INTO a bacterial infection.  Secondary infections are very common after a virus for that reason.

good luck and let us know what the doc says.  By the way, some pnemonia (pneumonia) is viral.