Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
HEMATOMA ON FOOT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

HEMATOMA ON FOOT

I injured the top of my foot and got a huge hematoma the doctors' called "impressive". It has been 2 weeks since the injury. Nothing broken. I didn't feel like it was healing correctly and went back to the doctor 10 days after the injury. He said I didn't have signs of infection but because it was red he put me on an oral antibiotic. Today is the 5th day of taking the antibiotic and it seems a little bit better but I still have stinging pain when I first step on it from sitting or laying down and also when I stand in one place for several seconds. When my foot is up or when I am walking (limping actually) there is almost no pain. I still have a bump and it is red like a sunburn. Very tender to the touch. Does this sound common? Thanks.
Tags: Foot, hematoma
1 Comment
Hi I have in the same situation as you, hit foot on drawer =large haematoma. Been two weeks now and on antibiotics. it is okay when I keep it up but when I put it down it hurts like anything until I limp away. If I stand still it starts to swell and get redder but it  goes down again as soon as I put it up. Not as red and tender as it was and my doctor said it could take a while to go completely down. I hate lying down all the time !!!
Hope you get better soon