HEMATOMA ON FOOT
I injured the top of my foot and got a huge hematoma the doctors' called "impressive". It has been 2 weeks since the injury. Nothing broken. I didn't feel like it was healing correctly and went back to the doctor 10 days after the injury. He said I didn't have signs of infection but because it was red he put me on an oral antibiotic. Today is the 5th day of taking the antibiotic and it seems a little bit better but I still have stinging pain when I first step on it from sitting or laying down and also when I stand in one place for several seconds. When my foot is up or when I am walking (limping actually) there is almost no pain. I still have a bump and it is red like a sunburn. Very tender to the touch. Does this sound common? Thanks.
Hi I have in the same situation as you, hit foot on drawer =large haematoma. Been two weeks now and on antibiotics. it is okay when I keep it up but when I put it down it hurts like anything until I limp away. If I stand still it starts to swell and get redder but it  goes down again as soon as I put it up. Not as red and tender as it was and my doctor said it could take a while to go completely down. I hate lying down all the time !!!
Hope you get better soon