HIV detection after 8 weeks?

First, thank you for taking the time to review my question.

I engaged in unprotected sex on Nov. 27th, 2009 and have been very worried about the consequences since. I recently went to the doctor to be tested, because I wanted to be certain about my health. My blood work (completed over 1/14-1/20) read negative for all accounts of an STD. With that, the doctor said that she would like to monitor me because there were some irregularities with my lab report.  

According to my stats, I had a higher than normal percentage of lymphocytes, monocytes and total protein in my blood. I also had an usually high RF level.

Data:
Lymphocyte: 51.1%
Monocyte: 12.4%
Total Protein: 8.6
RF: 37

I have been doing as much research as possible on these figures, and there have been two prevalent findings. The first is HIV, and the second is cancer of the blood/bone marrow.

All of this has been very unsettling, so I would like to see if my results truly do suggest something even if my test results for HIV-1/2 was found to be non-reactive by the ELISA method. In regards to the RF, RA does run in my family.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The lab results mere suggest an inflammatory process in the body. Since RA runs in the family, get this evaluated first. If STD screening for HIV is negative now, repeat after 6 months for HIV. Some HIV negative tests turn positive by 6 months.
Hope this helps. Take care!

Thank you. I am glad to see that the irregularities are nothing too foreboding. With that, I am 25. I find it odd that my RF factor would be so high... What are some ways I should test for RA in the future? I have read quite a bit on how the disease is hard to diagnose...
Hi!
RF factor of 37 is not very high, infact it is within the normal range, but on higher side. There is no conclusive test to diagnose RA. If you have joint pains then the possibility is looked into by doing a RF and X-rays. Also many patients with RA have normal RF and many with high RF do not have RA. AT the age of 25 do not worry about all this. Eat healthy, practice safe sex and lead a balanced life. This will go a long way in preventing RA in future. Hope this helps. Take care!