Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
HOW TO GET MY MOTHER OLD MEDICAL RECORDS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!!!I BEEN TRYING SO HARD TO HELP MY MOTHER RETRIEVING HER OLD MEDICAL RECORDS FROM WASCO CA, IN THE YEAR 1981. THE PROBLEM IS HER DOCTOR DIED YEARS BACK 1989. SHE HAD SEVERAL MEDICAL PROBLEMS AND SHE WAS SEEN BECAUSE SHE WAS PREGRENT BABY BOY AND DOCTOR TOOK BABY ULTRASOUND. WE ALSO CALLED BAKERSFILED CA, TO GET OLD MEDICAL RECORDS AND THEY SAY NO HELP!!!PLEASE MY MOTHER SUFFERS ALOT WITH HER HEALTH. HOW CAN WE GET HER OLD MEDICAL RECORDS IF HER DOCTOR DIED. PLEASE DESPERATE HELP. THIS HAPPEN IN THE CITY WASCO CA. WE HAVE HIS NAME DOCTOR.
REPLY SOON.
I am not sure how you can retrieve these records that you so desperately need but in a time like this you have to pull out all the stops.  That means making phone calls to anybody and everybody asking them for advice.  The key is to not give up.  I hear the desperation in your voice and I am sorry this has happened.  My one suggestion is to just ask another doctor or medical facility for their advice and you may check with your local health department as well or even public records.  I know this isn't much help but it is all I can come up with for now.  Good luck to you and you Mom!!
Call the clinic or hospital and have them send you a medical release form.  Your mother can sign the medical release form and mail it back to them.  Once they have the medical release form along with a letter stating the dates of the medical record you need, they must send copies of the medical records.  They may charge you for them.  Talk to the medical records department at the hospital or clinic you are trying to get them from.