Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
HP BACTERIA

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

HP BACTERIA

The Doctor. run a test for me and say I have HP bacteria, he gave me amoxicillin 1000 twice a day and clarithromyc
twice a day, and aciphex one time I start the aciphex before the antibiotics and I have side affect of hunger and pain in my apper stomach do you think is because of the aciphex and can I stop it and be only on the antibiotics?
and is HP cure? what ather things I should be concern with that, and after I will finish the mediction (medication) how can I know if I am cure of that HP,can I just do blood test or I need to do pt again, the test with the tube.
Thanks you
Sharon
I agree with the antibiotic choices, but I am not aware that it can lead to the side effect of hunger.  

In general, the treatment regimen will have a cure rate above 85-90 percent.  If the symptoms persist despite antibiotics, there are other regimens that you can consider.  

In terms of tests to determine if the H Pylori has been eradicated, the breath test would be the appropriate test.  The blood test will stay positive, and thus, cannot be used to see whether it has been appropriately treated.  

These questions can be discussed with your personal physician.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin Pho, M.D.

KevinMD.com
Twitter.com/kevinmd