Hair loss and heavy periods...related????
I have been having extremely heavy periods that last at least two weeks and go away for three weeks and then come back. Well now I am losing hair like crazy. Now I know that people shed hair but this is to the point my husband is noticing my hair is thinner. I also have been having horrible stomach cramps usually in the middle of the night. If anyone has any comments or ideas that would help I would appreciate it! Thanks.
Hey,
I know how you feel with the heavy periods and hair loss...I am dealing with the same stuff.  Have you been to your doc and had a thyroid panel done?  Just a little blood work to see if there is a problem with your thyroid.  I have been hypothyroid (underactive) since 1998 and have been on thyroid hormone replacement since then.  A couple of months ago, during an ultrasound for my neck, they caught a glimpse of something on my thryoid.  I went for FNA biopsy and found out a week later that I have thyroid papillary carcinoma.  It is a very treatable cancer and it is usually slow growing...just worried b/c I don't know how long I have had it.  Having surgery on Thurs (31st).
Please don't misunderstand, I am not saying you have cancer....what I am saying is that those are hypothyroid symptoms, but they are also symptoms of other things too.  Have you been to your OB/GYN?  If you don't mind, how old are you?  Could it be hormonal?  Geez, I hate to say that b/c my doc told me that I was just "hormonal" and that I just suffered from "anxiety"....Ah, YEAH - anxiety from not knowing what the hell is wrong!?!??!?!?!??  Anyway, just a couple of questions, I am sure that someone else here will have something to post as well.  Keep posting and we'll try to help - good luck to you.  If you get the thyroid panel done, get a copy and post your results....that may help.
Take Care,
Charley
I have not had a thyroid check done. I will talk to my doctor about that. I am 25 years old to answer your question. It is just frustrating. And don't worry I am not one of those people that freak out because some one with similar symptoms has cancer. I know it could be anything or nothing at all. I am just tired of my hair being everywhere and the periods!!!!! Thank you for your help.
Hey,
Glad you didn't freak!!! lol
Yeah, ask your doc for the thyroid panel.
When you get results, post and let us know how
it went!
Good Luck,
Charley
thanks again