Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hand numbness
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hand numbness

I have reoccuring  numbness in both hands for about 3 months now. Sometimes it wakes me up at night?I have taken atenolol for over 10 years now and take 10mg. of generic ambien nightly? Any help??/
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
sounds like carputunnell syndrom (syndrome), have you ever been tested for carputunnel,does the numbness go away when you shake youre hands around,do youre hands feel likt they are swolen?,if so go to a neurologist to have the test,i had the same thing and had surgery in both hands and no more problems, i also take ambein and that does not cause it. good luck,  pabassman
Blank
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Numbness or tingling of the hands is more likely caused by poor circulation in your hands. Carpal tunnel syndrome which presents as numbness, tingling or burning pain, and weakness in the thumb, index and middle fingers. These symptoms appear at night because many people sleep with bent wrists which further compresses the carpal tunnel. If the median nerve is already under stress, the increased compression of the bent wrist results in numbness and tingling.

Common conditions that can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome include obesity, pregnancy,  hypothyroidism, arthritis, diabetes, and trauma. Tendon inflammation resulting from repetitive work can also cause carpal tunnel symptoms.This can be a temporary condition that completely resolves or it can persist and progress. If it persists, it would be good to see a neurologist for proper evaluation and order tests to measure circulation and nerve conduction. You can read more about this through this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpal_tunnel_syndrome

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...