Hard Lump on top of hand
Over the past couple of months I have noticed the development of a hard bony mass on the top of my hand (in the center, below the wrist). At first, the pain came and went, but not it's constant. The lump does not exist on the other hand. This may or may not be a factor, but I work out daily with heavy weights.

Any opinions? Thanks!
Sounds like a bone spur.
That's what I thinking, but I had my doubts because it is on the flat part of my hand. Bone spurs usually form around joints or on parts of the body that make contact with other surfaces (ex., feet). Obviously, the top of my hand gets very little contact.

Thanks.
It sounds just like a ganglion cyst.    Usually pretty harmless,  I have a friend who had to have them removed twice,  sort of a cosmetic issue.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/handwristsurgery/a/wristganglion.htm
I have had it on my hand for a couple of months now and now im sarting to feel one on the left hand trying to come. What do i need o do?

This is a ganglion cyst most probably - you need to consult a surgeon for your symptoms

'Many cysts (38-58%) can disappear without any treatment at all.

Various treatments have been proposed over the years. Some include telling people with cysts without symptoms not to worry, using a needle to remove the cyst's contents (aspiration), or surgery.

* Aspiration usually includes placing a needle into the cyst, drawing the liquid material out, injecting a steroid compound (anti-inflammatory), and then splinting your wrist to keep it from moving.

* Studies have shown up to 74% of people are cured after having the fluid drawn out with a needle 1 time.

* If you have the fluid drawn out 3 times, your possibility of being cured goes up to 85%, particularly with a cyst on the back of the hand.

* If you compare aspiration/injection and surgical removal, in general, cysts return less often after surgery.'

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ganglion_cyst/article_em.htm

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
I think I may have the same thing on the top of my left hand. It is about the size of a pea and it is getting a little tender when I press on it. I do not lift weights nor do I any other hard lifting work since I am only a Manager at a local restaurant. I have had this lump for almost a week and a lot of people tell me I need to see a Doctor, however, some say that it could just be a calcium deposit or a cyst that will go away in time. Should I be more concerned about this? Do I need to see a Doctor?
I have a lump on top of  my  right hand  just above the wrist and it was thought to be a ganglion cyst but the doctors tried to drain it twice and gave me a steroid injection and now they are puzzled. because it seems to be something else.I work with my hands all day in a automotive plant and I am off work due to pain and cannot do my job. .Have to wear brace on hand and cannot lift anything because I  end up dropping it because the pain shoots up to my arm and feels like a knife going into my elbow.Pain wakes me up at night.I am right handed so this is a huge issue with my everyday life..Been doing everything left handed.Doctor is sending me to have a MRI.i hope to get this taken care of so I can get back to work and be able to do my chores at home without being in pain!
A related discussion, Hand lump was started.