UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
Hard bloated stomach???
by casper_paintball, May 06, 2008
Has anyone ever experienced a hard bloated stomach? It's constant and it worsens after eating, regardless of how much and what I eat. I am a female in her early 30's.
As of recent, I've been taking Renew Life's FiberSmart as well as CleanseMore. My bowel movements have been more than regular, so I wouldn't say it's constipation. When I lay down for bed, my stomach feels awkward, I feel nauseous and have a slight headache.
Could it be the supplements or something else? I have experienced this before prior to taking it. Thanks!
Member Comments (4)
by PlateletGal, May 06, 2008

If may be the supplements you are taking. If you still have the same symptoms, I would immediately call your OB/GYN physician and schedule an appointment. I would also call your PCP and make an appointment to rule out possible food allergies and/or IBS.

by casper_paintball, May 06, 2008
Thanks for your reply. You've kind of scared me. What are the possibilities? I have an appointment with my OBGYN in a week and a half. I'm going to reduce my fiber intake and see if that helps.
by PlateletGal, May 06, 2008

It wasn't my intentions to scare you. Although most cases of abdominal problems are IBS, food allergies or something else (most of them minor problems), there are people who get abdominal bloating when they have ovarian cancer and so that is important to get that ruled out.
by casper_paintball, May 08, 2008
I know it wasn't your intention. :)
Well let's hope all goes well with my OBGYN.
The bloating and hardness seems to have lessened, so maybe it was just too much fiber. I reduced the quantities I was taking.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks again! :)