Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hard bump next to my right eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hard bump next to my right eye

Hello. I have a hard bump underneath my skin next to my right eye. It feels like bone but I don't have it on my left side. You can't tell it's there unless if you feel the area. I only knew it was there because I felt pain when I closed my right eye. I'm worried since it's so close to my eye. I don't know what to think of it. My skin is fine though & it's not affecting my vision. What can it be? Can people grow bones or tissue on their face out of the blue? Could it be a tumor?  
Thanks for writing to the forum!
It is difficult to comment without examining the lump. There are many possibilities like a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in a nerve) or a lipoma (localized collection of fat). Folliculitis (hair follicle infection) can sometimes persist. It can also be acne. If it appeared all of a sudden, then it is unlikely to be a bony swelling. You should worry only if the size increases, there is pain, change in color or if the lump bleeds.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thanks for writing to the forum!