Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hard bump on top of foot

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hard bump on top of foot

I recently noticed a hard pea sized bump on the top of my left foot. It is under the skin (i wouldn't know it was there unless I touched it), it doesn't hurt, and I can move it around. Should I be concerned?
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is difficult to comment without examination. A hard lump on top of the foot is probably a ganglion or a neurofibroma. A ganglion is a sac-like swelling or cyst formed from lining of a joint or from a tendon. A neurofibroma is a collection of nerve and fibrous tissue. If it is causing pain and pressure symptoms it needs to be removed. Please consult your PCP to start with and get a referral for a surgeon. Take care!