Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hard bump on top of foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hard bump on top of foot

I recently noticed a hard pea sized bump on the top of my left foot. It is under the skin (i wouldn't know it was there unless I touched it), it doesn't hurt, and I can move it around. Should I be concerned?
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is difficult to comment without examination. A hard lump on top of the foot is probably a ganglion or a neurofibroma. A ganglion is a sac-like swelling or cyst formed from lining of a joint or from a tendon. A neurofibroma is a collection of nerve and fibrous tissue. If it is causing pain and pressure symptoms it needs to be removed. Please consult your PCP to start with and get a referral for a surgeon. Take care!