Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hard lump/ball behind ear
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard lump/ball behind ear

hi, since my son was 6weeks old, i noticed a small mini pea sized hard ball/lump behind his ear it was not irrating for him when touched and not mobile, i asked my family doctor what it was and she didnt know and didnt seem concerned as it was not giving him grief. 6months later the lump was still there and only growing a teeny tiny more with my sons heads growth, the lump still not mobile nor painful i went to see another local GP for advice and another opinion - still told nothing to worry about..... this lump is still there now my baby is 15months still not harming him but i really want to know what it is and if this is serious!
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Lump behind the ear that does not cause any other symptoms could be folliculitis (hair follicle infection), lipoma (localized collection of fat), a cyst, swollen lymph node or a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in of nerve and connective tissue). However swollen lymphnodes behind the ears could be due to chest infection, tonsillitis or pharyngitis, dandruff, or infection of ear. So check and see if there is dandruff or rash or if the baby has ear infection.
Watch the lump. Do not touch everyday but once in 10-15 days. If the lump increases in size, becomes painful, changes color, bleeds, changes shape or consistency or more similar lumps appear then consult a doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Blank
My son has the same thing with no pain or anything else but he do have dry scalp should I try to find a treatment.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank