Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hard lump behind my right ear
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard lump behind my right ear

A couple of weeks ago i noticed a hard lump behind my right ear about halfway down. Ive recently started training in MMA, could this have something to do with it in terms of trauma to the head? Im used to a few bruises etc but this lump's worrying, it doesnt hurt and its hard.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is difficult to comment without examination.  Lump behind the ear could be folliculitis (hair follicle infection), lipoma (localized collection of fat), a cyst, an inflamed lymph node or a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in of nerve and connective tissue). You may not have been sick but local infections like dandruff or a dermatitis too can cause a lymph node to swell.
Watch the lump. Do not touch everyday but once in 10-15 days. If the lump increases in size, becomes painful, changes color, bleeds, changes shape or consistency or more similar lumps appear then consult a doctor.
Alternatively you could consult a doctor and get a CT scan of the lump. Since you face bruises and blows, this could be a hematoma.  
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Hope this helps. Take care!
Blank
Hi..

i have had that before.... and i went to the doctor they said it was a swollen lymph node.. do to you might have a wood tick on ur head and didnt no it.. or if u have ear peircings they coulld be infected that you didnt no was infected and ur lymph nodes are swellin up to try and fight it off.. it was nothing to serious  u just need to figure out what u have that migth be infected... or u could have a head cold starting that it could be causing that!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank