Hard mass on ankle
2 weeks ago I noticed a very small hard bump just below my left ankle. A couple days ago I noticed it had grown in size (almost tripled in size). The bump doesn't hurt but my ankle is tender in surrounding area. Should I be concerned?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, you should be concerned as the lump is growing, and your ankle is swollen and painful. In all probability, this is an abscess or collection of pus. A lump at the ankle can be due to a cyst, a hematoma, localized collection of fluid, a varicose vein causing venous pooling, arthritis or due to infection. First consult an orthopedic specialist and get an X-ray and or CT scan of the ankle. This will give a clear picture regarding the swelling.
Take care!
I had something like this only it was on my knee the dr. said it was a ganglion cyst or bakers cyst. may not be what it is but look it up there are home remedies you could try. the dr. will just want to cut it out but that doesnt always keep it from coming back.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.