Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hard mucus ball coming out of throat & nose

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am a non smoker 29 yrd female. I recently got sick it's been 5 days now. I've been coughing up unbelievable amounts of phlem and blowing my nose and more coming out. After I cough or blow my nose I can literally feel the mucus going from my nose to my throat. When I put my hand to my chest I can feel it so I cough it up and it's gone. It's never ending. The mucus balls are jelly like green yellowish and almost the size of a dime. It scared me. I'm not a smoker and I been on antibiotics, amocillian 500mg every 6 hrs for 3 days now. I've gotten a steroid shot at my dr and my insurance just ran out so there's no way to go back. Since all the coughing ive been doing I've irratated my throat and I can barely talk I sound horse. I've done the humidifier also. I don't keno what else to do or what exactly this sickness is
Tags: Hard mu as balls, cough, Chest, Nose drainage, Green yellowish mucus, scratchy throat
go to an ER. you should be starting to feel better by now and it sounds like you could have pneumonia.  you should have access to cobra if its too  expensive a bill.  you need a chest xray. worry about the hospital bills after you survuve which is exactly what could be at stake...
Sounds like sinus and nasal drip, I have both. I'M NOT A DR., JUST HAVE THESE ISSUES FOR 3YRS.
Fever would be the important factor if you have pneumonia. Try this: Go to drug store and buy MUCINEX DM 12 HR. tablets ...they will thin out the mucus, easy to get up.
2nd: Go and get a Neil-Med Sinus Rinse Package..contains all instructions and solution to rinse out your sinus area. YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOUR GOING TO GET OUT..PLUS, RELIEF. The Mucinex DM costs approx. $12.00 for 20 pills...Neil-Med, approx. $10.12.00 and not a throw away, clean it. READ INSTRUCTIONS. GOOD LUCK, GOOD HEALTH..I CANNOT LIVE W/OUT THESE ITEMS..BETTER THAN MEDS
KATE