Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Head Injury with chills?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Head Injury with chills?

My husband injured himself on a bike ride earlier today.  He injured his top left forehead and ear when his head hit the street.  The strange part, which must be attributed to his head trauma is he had several severe chill spells.  My husband is foreign to chills, so again, we only assume it is from the injury.  He doesn't have any concussion symptons.  Could the chills be tied to this injury?  Should it be a concern or can he be under observation?
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hi,

Head injury per se does not need to any sort of chills. Did you get a CT scan for your husband? Is he conscious and responding to all the commands? There are two things which I can think of. The chills may occur because of an associated infection (for e.g. meningitis – infection of the coating/covering of the brain & spinal cord) provided he’s suffering from some sort of fever also and the other possibility which I can think of is seizures which can occur following a traumatic injury to the brain as even a small collection of blood in the brain can irritate the brain tissue resulting in abnormal electrical discharges from the brain and thus seizures.

The seizures(convulsions) may appear like chills and should be taken seriously.

I would suggest you consult a neurologist and seek an opinion. I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted.

Kind Rgds.  
Blank
A related discussion, Chills in arms and shoulders was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
46 mins ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank