Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Headache/ Teeth Pain/ Deep Ear Pains/ Chest Pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Im a 29 year old female. I have had a headache on and off for a month now. The headache is in my forehead area and behind my eyes, it is a short lived headache but very sharp.  Prior to this I have had probably two headaches in my life that I wasn't sure what it was from. I get chest pains that scare me terribly.  Sometimes it sends pains down my arms.  My hands and fingers tingle sometimes , when all of this first stared the left side of my face was tingling too, but not anymore. The last two week my teeth have been aching and I have deep ear pains.  Facial pains occur above my lips and under my eyes. I went to my dr and he said it was stress, I don't feel stressed out. I went to the ER because I really felt bad and they did a chest xray to look for a blood clot in my lung, then an EKG and that was all normal along with tons of blood work.  I was taking Yaz birth control so I stopped. Then I felt even worse the next week so I begged my doctor to refer me to a neurologist and he did. The neurologist did an MRI and said it was normal and that maybe I should take an anti-depressant WHAT?. Im getting worried about the chest, teeth and ear pains they seem to be getting worse. I have had a change in my bowel movements too, they are irregular. I feel like the stress diagnosis is too vague. I have been stressed out at times in my life and this is not one of them. I know what my body does when Im stressed and things like no sleep, no eathing, heart beats fast, mind races and none of those things are happening. What should I do? What other test could I ask for? What kind of DR should I see?
first, come down usually these symptoms have intermitance, you got to observe how long does it take to the next crisis.
the neurologist probable didnt give you much attention because what you have is too broad and there is not muh to work with it could be anything so to start you got to seach for the most obvious answers

start with suggesting
polyneuralgy
temporomandibular desorders
aneurism (aneurysm) compressing nerves
affection of the meninges
high BP

now dont be scared brain tumor or on the nerves are a possibility
but the chances are minimum try whats more obvius and frequent
and see where the tests results will take you

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
This looks like a symptom of transient ischemic attack only difference being it is almost present every day.
The other possibility is compression of lower cervical spinal nerves. This can be ruled out by MRI at lower cervical levels or preferably of the whole cervical spine.
TMJ should also be looked into as you have both ear and tooth pain.
Trigeminal neuralgia is another possibility. Get your Vit B12 and Vit D levels measured.
An X-ray cannot detect lung clots. This can be done by a CT scan. Pleuritis and Pulmonary embolism are other possibilities causing chest pain. A CT scan of the chest can rule out both. Another possibility that can explain the pain is pericarditis. It causes chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning and deep breathing and also causes radiation of pain to arms. Again an EKG, heat echo and chest X-ray is required.
The other possibility is costochondritis which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. The pain can be referred to arm. Either all the symptoms have a common pathology or you have two or three problems. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please discuss with your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thank you for reviewing my symptoms. I want to correct that I did have a CT scan not an xray of my chest.  The transient ischemic attack threat scares me. Should I come right out and ask my Dr. if it could be that? I really do not know how to go about these things can I just ask for tests?