Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Headache, nausea, lightheaded!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Headache, nausea, lightheaded!

Last Sunday I started getting a headache. And it still has not gone away. The next day I felt lightheaded and nausea. Tuesday and Wed. I felt fine except for the headache. Then Yesterday at work I was giving a massage and got clammy, cold sweets, lightheaded and blacked out. I sit down and drank some water. later that night the vomiting came. Woke up this morning still with the headache. I Keep checking and I don't have a fever. Never have gotten headaches before. The pain is in the middle shooting out and nothing makes it go away. The nausea and lightheaded comes and goes. I feel tired but get enough uninterrupted sleep. I am a 23 year old female, good shape, healthy, drink plenty of water, eat mostly healthy, not pregnant, and started working less over a month ago. Don't have insurance so don't want to go to a doctor if I don't have to. Any Ideas?
Don't where U live, but, there might be a free clinic at the mission, I would check though. Are U drinking enough water? Are U sleeping at least 8 hrs? I would try a OTC Migraine med and see if that helps, if not seek medical help. It just maybe you're coming down with a virus.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Either you have a bad case of acid reflux or pinched cervical spinal nerve or high blood pressure or even some ear problem. It would be difficult to assess the cause on net. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. Walking around also helps clear gas. Use a hard bed to sleep. Avoid a pillow. Roll a towel and place it under your neck while sleeping on the back and between head and shoulder when lying on the side. Initially this will be uncomfortable but with time the acupressure will do wonders. Use an analgesic cream or spray in the neck and upper back.
PCOD, TMJ and electrolyte imbalance could be the other causes.
If all this does not help, then you will need to consult a doctor. In a case of headache with vomiting, it is always wise to go to the ER and rule out brain related causes like bleeding and tumor. Take care!
They have to treat and evaluate you at an emergency room, but then again, they will send you a bill.

You have symptoms that could be transient and then again could be serious.

Do a google search for "Hill-Burton" hospitals. These provide free treatment for a certain percentage of patients in return for getting federal grant money. Usually every hospital in the program has a quota for the year. The other alternative is to find a clinic.
Icabet
I drink plenty of water a day and get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. I have been trying the otc stuff and it hasn't helped at all.

doctornee medical
I don't have HBP, if anything it is a little low (but that runs in the family). I don't drink or really eat spicy foods, and have never had acid reflex at all.
I have noticed my neck has been really tight and sore and so has my masseter. I am pretty sure it is a tension headache now, just not sure if it is the tmj or the neck causing it. Have been stretching more, slept with a bite plate in last night. Thinking of going to see a chiropractor. The only medication that helps is muscle relaxers.
Well...Beats me! I don't have a clue, I hope a Medical Professional is able to help you! :)