Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Headaches and Lymph Nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Headaches and Lymph Nodes

Okay, So im 16, and I want to ask you guys something

I Have like 4 "enlarged" lymphh nodes, i touch all of them almost every day and have been to the doctor and he touched them and said it was dandruff irritation they been here for 3 months now. I had a CBC and antinuclear test done, both were fine. I had a antistrepysolin 0 done and it was high this was about 2 months ago though. My doctor sent me to a neurlogist for headaches he did and MRI and it was clear. I play alot of computer, and have anxiety i research symtpons on the internet and at one time believed i had cancer...my lymph nodes are

behind my ear lobe (very small)
above my ear (still small)
and two on top of my head sort of where my neck meets my skull?

I also get headaches, i use the computer alot and my doctor said i should use "neurotin" my parents said they will think about ptuting me on the neurotin (daily medication)

i want to know what i should do..are these lymph nodes bad??

they are all painless, not soft and very small , sometimes they get really small and i think they will go away but they get bigger..and then small.. etc

so yeah?might i have cancer? what should i do :(
I found this web site that may help you. Try not to worry about this to much. You are a teenager and your body is constantly under attack from different germs. My son has lymph nodes on his neck that swell rite before he gets ill. They can get pretty big and never completely go away. He has had them since he was two (now 19) and he is very healthy. He also suffers from severe allergies.

How to Know When to See a Doctor for Painful Lymph Nodes

Your lymph nodes filter out bacteria and viruses from your body. Lymph nodes are located throughout your body, with the largest located under your arms, in your neck and in your groin. When lymph nodes are painful, it is a sign that you have some type of infection which the nodes are trying to fight off. The type and severity of the infection and the presence of accompanying symptoms determines when you should see a doctor.

Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions
Know When Painful Lymph Nodes Don't Require a Doctor
Step 1
Check to see if the lymphs nodes in your neck are swollen. The lymph nodes in the neck (just under the bottom of the back of the jaw) are the closest to the surface and so are the most prominent. When the nodes are less than about 1 inch in size, they are working as they should.

Step 2
Note whether the lymph node pain appeared suddenly. Sudden onset of painful lymph nodes is usually caused by a bump to the area around the nodes and does not indicate a serious illness.

Step 3
Review your recent medical records for drugs that may cause temporarily painful, swollen lymph nodes. The vaccine for typhoid fever and the anti-epilepsy drug phenytoin can cause benign pain.

See Your Doctor When Signs of Serious Illness Arise
Step 1
Feel the painful lymph nodes to see whether they are soft or hard. If the lymph nodes do not give when touched, they are losing their battle with some type of infection and should be evaluated by a doctor.

Step 2
Obtain a rough measurement of the painful lymph nodes. Nodes that are swollen beyond about 1 inch in size signal a serious infection that the body is not fighting effectively.

Step 3
Examine the color of the skin above the lymph nodes in the neck for discoloration. A pink or red color indicates an infection that is not under control and should be reported to your doctor.

Step 4
Look for other symptoms such as fever, weight loss, tiredness and night sweats accompanying painful lymph nodes. These can indicate very serious conditions such as lymphoma and cat-scratch fever, so you should immediately let your doctor know.

okay thank you :)