Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Headaches and sore eyes

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Headaches and sore eyes

Hi . I have a undiagnosed problem i need help with. For about a year now i have been experiencing headaches , sore eyes and partial dizzyness. The headache i get is between my eyes and at the top of my nose aswell as feeling pressure on my forehead and temple area . As a result of the pain it gives me sore and tired eyes, dizzyness when i close my eyes and some nausea when the pain is bad. My pain increases when i concentrate on things e.g. tv , computer, reading and driving for long periods of time .I sometimes feel like the muscles at the top of my nose and between the eyes are tense all the time and increase when i concentrate. I have been to ear nose and throat , eye and vestibular specialists and they could not find or fix my problem . I have had  an mri scan of brain too and the results were normal. My eye sight is ok too.My gp suggested acupuncture. do you think this might help?
1 Comment
Thanks for writing to the forum!

There are a few possibilities. It could be due to ‘ocular migraines’ or ‘ophthalmic migraines’. Sinusitis is another possibility. Cervical nerve compression due to spondylitis, canal stenosis, slipped disc, bulging disc etc is also possible. Anxiety and tension too can cause similar symtoms (symptoms). Yes a chiropractitioner can help you out.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!