Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Headaches/nausea/motion sickness/constant tiredness/acheness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I'm a young adult in college and I understand a lot of doctors might say that my symptoms are due to stress (headaches, nausea, motion sickness, and exhaustion). However, I'm tired of being treated for everything separately and nothing is getting better. About 3 years ago I started having headaches, and my doctor decided to put me on a medicine that is for high blood pressure but acts as a regulatory drug for migraines. It worked for a little while, then they increased my dosage and now I don't take it any more because it wasn't working. In the mean time, my motion sickness has been getting worse. I feel dizzy and nauseated when I'm driving, when there are any lights that move quickly, etc. On top of that all, I don't sleep through the night without waking up several times. I will sleep for 7 to 10 hours and still wake up exhausted, and all I want to do is sleep. I'm tired of all of these symptoms for so long and they seem to be connected.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There are many causes of headaches with dizziness, lightheadedness, passing out, blackouts etc. It is difficult to comment without examination. I am just enumerating the possible causes. You can discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Dizziness could be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis or compression of cervical spinal nerves. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position or when you change position that results in a change in the level of your head. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck along with headache and nausea. Hence a MRI of cervical spine and an ENT consultation should be done. Alternatively you can visit a chiropractor to get relief.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!