Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Headaches with Lower Right Abdomen and Back Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had headaches that last for hours for the past week or so. Sometimes my head hurts so bad that all I can do is try not to move and close my eyes. I have been diagnosed w/ migraines before. I have had nausea over the last 4 days and within the last 3-4 days back pain. Today the back pain has moved to my lower right abdomen. I've had cramps and all over stomach pain as well the past few days.  The abdomen pain is moderate pain but sometimes it hurts to walk.  I have not went to the doctor yet in hopes that it will not last. But just wanted to get some feedback to see what I'll be facing when I go. Thanks for any feedback.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Lower right abdomen pain is commonly due to appendicitis. The pain, can at times come and go and not give the classic picture. Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease, infection in kidney, kidney stones, constipation, ovary involvement (cysts, hemorrhage, tumor, torsion—torsion is a medical emergency and a long standing pain is not due to this), ectopic pregnancy in women, mesentry (a thin tissue that carries the blood, nerves and lymphatics for the intestine) involvement low blood supply, and enlarged lymphnodes, along with inguinal hernia are the various causes of pain. Since you had back pain earlier, a kidney pathology should be looked into and this can raise the blood pressure too causing headaches.
IBS like symptoms, acidity etc can also cause pain in abdomen and headache.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!