Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Headaches with joint pain, swollen feet and hands, arms and legs numb a...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Headaches with joint pain, swollen feet and hands, arms and legs numb and tingling

I recently had been hospitalized for TIA's and had a full workup done, however, everything checked out fine.  They put me on Nitro and told me that I should be fine with that and Plavix.  Within the last two weeks, I have developed total numbness and tingling in my arms and legs, everything just falls asleep at any given time no matter what activity I am doing.  I am constantly cold and cannot warm up, I have been getting these terrible headaches on the top of my head near the frontal lobe and neck pains.  I get dizzy, disoriented, and blurred vision and am constantly tired and weak.  My oxygen level is at 100%, when they draw blood it is good, nothing sluggish about it.  My blood pressure is perfect and nothing out of the norm range for cholesterol. I had a CT and MRI done on my head and my neck, normal.  I had an angioplasty done and normal with a couple of exceptions which they cardiologist was not concerned with, 1) a hole in my heart which never closed from the time of birth and 2) an enlarged valve.  A few years back I had three discs in the thoracic area disintegrate.  But nothing since then.  What could be causing all of this?
Was an MRA of your head and neck done also? I would think that was part of the workup, but thought I'd ask since it wasn't mentioned.
yes I have and nothing.  but the symptoms are increasing in severity and intensity.  this is starting to get out of control.  i have no drama in my life and nothing out of the ordinary has happened, my breathing and everything else is normal.
I've been going through hell too... I was in a car accident June 17th, a drunk driver ran a red light hitting my car so hard that I was pushed into on-coming traffic where a truck hit me in the front and a truck hit me from behind... Since the accident, my legs go numb when Im sitting, sometimes when Im standing. I have a constant headache, and I continue breaking dishes because my pinky and the finger next to are completely numb. I had an MRI done which showed damage on my frontal lob, and a swollen disk between the 6th n 7th vertebra. A new neurosurgeon put my on Nortriptyline last week, I've still had a headache. In fact Two days after changing to this medication I got sick, very sick... That happened twice! The Doc told me to double up on this medication, still have headaches, and this morning I woke up crying... This is the second Dr that I've seen... He seems like he is good, but I think these guys look at like your out to get money... When i told him about the things I forget he laughed! Than stopped laughing when he noticed that I am very serious... Nothing is helping me... I go to therapy 20 different bottles of medication, mostly for pain and I'm here to tell you they dont work... I am so miserable, and I don;t know what to do.. I need help...    
get checked for hiv and lymes disease,,they can do so with the same western blot test all at once!,,those both would cause your symptoms.
when I was injured from an accident I found that an anesthesiologist is who you need to see.  one who will take xrays of your back and will give you epis in your back.  as for the headaches try a chiropractor.  I know this sounds weird but in the long run it will pay off, the neurologist has already identified the area where you are injured and you will need to get steroids in there to help with the pain and inflammation.  The chiropractor will help with the neck strain that doesn't show up on xrays to help with the headaches.  it took a year of treatments but it panned out for me.  Good Luck.

So things have gotten worse.  Now I have pin pricking in my hands and feet along with my face.  My headaches are worse and it hurts to get up and walk around.  The left side of my face feels numb and my tongue is all cut up.  I am really lethargic and just want to sleep.  It's like having mono but to the extremes with stroke like symptoms added on.
ya,sounds more like somthing to do with your spine/nerves..you might have a bulging disc,or worse,,,hi up in the neck,causing alot of your symptoms.