Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Health Concern Worries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Health Concern Worries

Hello, I am a married man of three years, have been with no  one else but my wife for the last four years but have some concernes.  February 21 had a phiysical and the Dr. told me I was very overweight and the Cholestorol was high.  Before going for the physical I had some minor concerns and started diagnosing myself by reading a medical dictionary.  Urine test and blood test all came back okay and I was told to lose some pounds.

I started losing the weight by light excersise and eating right finally and the weight started coming off.  I then stopped excersising but still eating right and drinking a lot of water and the weight is still coming off and it seems rather faster and I am concerned.  I already diagnoised myself earlier with everything from cancer to hiv to diabetes because of some of symptoms I had.  Losing weight without even trying (and in the past I could not lose weight if i tried), two nights of waking up with sweat on my head as well as the top of my night shirt being a little damp and just thinking that something was wrong (this was within a two month period).

My dad has diabetes, but my tests came back negative for diabetes.  Cancer does not run in the family. The wife had an hiv test five months ago for life insurance with negative results and my doctor told me that all my blood work came back fine.

Should I get other tests done or am I just feeding into my fears that something is wrong for having access to too much info either by the medical dictionary and the internet and just worrying the weight away and stressing myself?
I too have the same problem as you.  Doctors have found nothing wrong with me, but yet I have self diagnosed myself, but have had all the test done.  I am a 25 year old female and doctors have told me I am perfectly fine, but yet I am not satisfied with those answers.  I dont have any medical advise for you, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.  I have worried myself so much I am losing weight too.  Which is something doctors wanted me to do also.  Good luck to you!
I thought that I was out there all by myself and I feel like I am losing my mind at times.  I talked it over with my wife this morning and we talked about everything and the advice she gave me was that after all that I have been through and after all the medical advice I was given which in turn stated that all was well, I am Healthy.

She told me she wanted me to say that ten times a day and I started doing just that.  After talking with her I was able to get a little rest and I am going to do what I need to do to heal myself from my non-problems.

With the help of God, I know that I will not drive myself completley crazy and I will be alright.  I guess we will have to pray for each other.

In the mean time, I am healthy.
Since you are eating a better diet, with fewer calories and less junk food and empty calories, your body is still using more calories than you are taking in.  It is using all of what you are consuming and has no need to store any as fat.  This is a good thing.  The water is cleaning out the body of yucky unecessary storage and you are probably doing more even without the extra exercise.  Don't borrow trouble.  Weight loss that continues to the point you become underweight needs to be explored.  It sounds like your body is just "adjusting" to the new eating habits.
No you are not alone.  God will get us thru this, sounds like you have a very supportive wife.  Do as she says.  Good luck and I will remember you in my prayers.  God Bless!